University of Virginia Plastic Surgery
1300 Jefferson Park Avenue 4th Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Phone: (434) 924-1234
Location Hours: Monday–Friday | 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Brittany J. Behar, MD
Dr. Behar is a fellowship-trained plastic surgeon specializing in procedures to repair injuries that affect the hand and wrist. Her expertise includes microsurgery, general wound care and reconstruction, and congenital and pediatric hand surgery. Dr. Behar, who is an assistant professor in the Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, earned her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA, before completing her residency at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
She then pursued a fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania, where in 2019 she was awarded the William J. Bora Award for Excellence in Hand Surgery.
Education & Training
- Drexel University College of Medicine, Medical Doctorate
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Residency
- University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship, Hand Surgery
- Hand and Wrist:
- Hand wrist and distal radius/ulnar fractures
- Nerve compression diagnoses including carpal and cubital tunnel
- Trigger finger
- Tendinopathies and tendon injuries
- Hand and wrist arthritis
- Vascular issues of the upper extremity
- Congenital and pediatric upper extremity problems
- General Plastic:
- Breast reduction
- Body contouring
- Gender confirmation surgery including FTM Top surgery and Phalloplasty
- Hyperbaric Medicine
Dr. Behar specializes in treating the following conditions:
- Wrist Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Mutilating Hand Injuries
- Trigger Finger
- Skin Graft
- Congenital Limb Defects- Pediatric
In her free time, Dr. Behar enjoys reading, working out, cooking, and traveling with her husband.