You’ve thought about the procedure. You’ve researched surgeons in your area. You’ve looked through countless before-and-after photos and decided that this could be the surgery for you. Then comes the next step: assessing pricing and planning for your financial commitment before you pencil in your consultation with a plastic surgeon in the Harrisonburg, VA, area.
No 2 patients and or 2 procedures are exactly alike. Because of this, many variables affect a procedure’s price range. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the average costs you can expect and explain how and why your costs may vary.
What do plastic surgery fees include?
The cost of a plastic surgery procedure typically includes:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Hospital or facility fees
- Necessary devices or materials, such as breast implants
- Follow-up visits and care
The total cost of your experience may also include compression garments, medications, and additional accommodations, such as overnight stays in the area if traveling from out of town.
How much does breast augmentation cost?
The cost of this highly popular procedure can vary quite a bit depending on the implants selected, where you live, and your surgeon’s level of expertise.
- Price range: $3,350 to $9,550
- Average cost: $6,500
- Pricing factors: Silicone implants typically cost more than saline implants. Some practices offer specials on breast augmentation during the warmer summer months, which can help you save on costs without compromising safety.
How much does a tummy tuck cost?
Popular after pregnancy or weight loss, this body contouring procedure creates a flatter, firmer abdomen. Its cost can vary based on the approach used and the amount of correction achieved.
- Price range: $3,350 to $13,000
- Average cost: $8,200
- Pricing factors: The price of your tummy tuck can change based on the cost of living in your area, your surgeon’s level of training, and the complexity of your surgery. Choosing between a mini, full, or extended tummy tuck can also affect your pricing. Your surgeon will help you select the most appropriate option for your goals.
How much does a facelift cost?
A facelift is another procedure that can be adjusted for each person and is often combined with other procedures for more comprehensive improvements. Combining these procedures can help you save money by only requiring you to pay one set of facility and anesthesia fees.
- Price range: $3,300 to $20,500
- Average cost: $12,175
- Pricing factors: Facelift costs can vary widely based on your surgeon’s experience, the techniques used, and the areas of the face that are addressed. Brow and eyelid surgeries typically aren’t included in the price of a facelift, as the surgery focuses on the mid and lower face.
It’s important to note that, while it may be tempting, you should never shop for plastic surgeons based on price alone. Experience, credentials, and levels of skill are much more important to prioritize for the sake of your safety and results.
If you have any questions about pricing here at UVA, please contact us online or call (434) 924-1234 (Charlottesville) or (540) 932-5771 (Fishersville). We look forward to hearing from you.
Leave a Reply