When you invest in your confidence with CoolSculpting at our offices near Richmond, VA, you deserve the very best possible experience and outcome. While you can always count on exceptional results in the hands of our providers, there are a few things you can do to make sure your CoolSculpting results are everything you’ve hoped for.
Read on to learn more about the do’s and don’ts of contouring your body with CoolSculpting, from selecting the best provider to maximizing your fat reduction.
What To Do Before CoolSculpting
Start by following these steps before your appointment:
- Find the right provider. The first and most important step you can take is researching CoolSculpting providers near you. Look for a practice overseen by a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience designing and creating exceptional body contouring results.
- Plan to be in the office for about a little over an hour. It typically takes an hour to treat a single area. If you plan to treat multiple areas during your appointment, such as both flanks, arms, or thighs, adjust your expected treatment time accordingly.
- Bring your favorite form of entertainment. Once your treated area becomes numb, you’ll be free to comfortably read, relax, listen to podcasts, answer emails, or even nap for the rest of your session. You can learn more about what to expect during your treatment in this blog post.
What To Avoid Before CoolSculpting
For the best results, what you don’t do can be just as important:
- Do your best to avoid major weight fluctuations. You’ll enjoy your best CoolSculpting results if you have it done when you are at or near a stable goal weight you plan to maintain. Any substantial weight gain or loss after the treatment may compromise your results.
- Try not to focus on replicating someone else’s body. It’s important to have realistic expectations for your results. While it is fine to be inspired by another person’s figure, keep in mind that your provider will design your treatment to best complement your unique shape.
- Don’t feel the need to cancel your plans for the rest of the day. Some procedures require you to pencil days off so you can recuperate. With CoolSculpting, you can comfortably return to work, social activities, and even the gym right away.
What To Do After CoolSculpting
Here’s what you can do to have the best post-treatment experience:
- Expect some tingling and other mild side effects. As your treated area warms back up after your treatment, it’s normal to feel a sensation similar to thawing. If you’ve ever warmed your hands up after a day in the snow, you know the feeling. You can expect to experience some tingling, sensitivity, aching, and redness that should subside soon after your treatment. Tylenol (acetaminophen) will ease any aches and soreness you may feel the following day or two.
- Drink plenty of water. CoolSculpting results develop gradually as your body flushes out the dead fat cells. The more hydrated you are in the weeks after your treatment, the more quickly and effectively your body will eliminate these cells.
- Massage your treated area every day. Massaging your treated area for a few minutes each day or even multiple times a day will bring blood flow to the region and encourage your body to flush out fat cells more quickly.
What To Avoid After CoolSculpting
Get your best and longest-lasting results by watching out for these “don’ts”:
- Do not apply ice packs to your treated area. Applying ice won’t soothe any discomfort or speed your healing after your treatment; in fact, it will likely have the opposite effect. Because you may still be a bit numb, you may not be able to feel when your skin is getting too cold. As RealSelf reports, applying ice to the area—especially directly to the skin—may increase your chances of getting frostbite.
- Resist the urge to skip the gym. Staying active is as important after CoolSculpting as ever. Keeping your blood flowing will speed along the fat flushing process in the short term. In the long term, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help you enjoy your best results for as long as possible.
- Don’t expect results right away. It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months for your complete results to take shape. Many people see this process as a plus: It slims your shape down quickly but gradually enough that it doesn’t raise suspicions as to whether you’ve had “work done.” Once your results have finished developing, you can decide whether you’re happy with your look or you need an additional session to achieve your best outcome.