If you’re struggling with a “dad bod,” you’re not alone—men of all ages can develop fat deposits around the belly, chest, and more. Sometimes a healthy diet and consistent exercise aren’t enough to slim down unwanted bumps and bulges. Thankfully, there are more body contouring procedures than ever before to help men from all walks of life. Here are a few popular treatments, including liposuction and CoolSculpting, that our Richmond, VA, patients use to look and feel as young and attractive as ever.
Surgical procedures are usually the best long-term solution for sculpting the shape of your body. While plastic surgery isn’t a replacement for weight loss, it can certainly help tone and define various trouble spots. If you’re ready to invest in a major improvement, consider these plastic surgery options.
- Liposuction: This procedure permanently suctions out unwanted fat cells from the abdomen, flanks, arms, and other areas. It creates smooth, streamlined contours and adds a nice finishing touch to any previous weight loss efforts. Liposuction can be easily combined with many other popular body contouring treatments.
- Tummy Tuck: Loose, saggy skin can collect around the midsection after significant body changes. Tummy tuck surgery removes over-stretched skin and sculpts the area below the bellybutton. This surgery is especially effective for those with significant amounts of stretched skin after major weight loss.
- Male Breast Reduction: Men struggling with gynecomastia—enlarged male breasts and nipples—can use this procedure to sculpt a flatter, more masculine-looking chest. Many men enjoy the results and say they feel more confident going shirtless or wearing a swimsuit.
If you’re not ready for surgery but still want to look your very best, our practice offers many nonsurgical treatment options. Here are a few common ways to remove fat and improve other problem areas.
- CoolSculpting®: This procedure literally freezes away stubborn pockets of fat by exposing fat cells to carefully controlled cool air. CoolSculpting can be used on the flanks and lower midsection to reduce a “beer belly” or even remove fat from the back or upper arms.
- KYBELLA®: Fat often accumulates under the chin due to aging or weight gain. KYBELLA directly solves this problem, injecting deoxycholic acid into the treatment area to dissolve fat cells and create a more defined jawline.
Aging impacts us all, and there’s no reason to be ashamed. Liposuction, CoolSculpting, and other body contouring treatments can help any man struggling with a “dad bod.” If you want to achieve a trimmer, younger appearance and boost your confidence, request a consultation to learn more about your procedure options.
Leave a Reply